Saturday, March 10, 2012

March, 10th.

               DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME! Now we will have more evening time, the garden will get more attention around here. Housework and school takes up most of my day, so getting out after a early supper is my way of relaxing from the days chores.  Still cool, and some rain and snow squalls, but warming up to 60f some afternoons. I see the grass greening where I have raked, and the willows are getting that fresh yellow look already. Here in the Similkameen valley that means hurry up! stuff will be sprouting soon. I heard the Sand-hill Cranes calling high in the sky today, a sure sign of spring. So get busy with the plains and seeds, because things move fast once it gets rolling. I don't have a green house yet, but you who do are likely busy with trays sprouting already. My garden is small now there is only me at home. so I like to plant directly into the soil. I do buy some plants like peppers from a local greenhouse, Organic for sure. Hope to see you on the HOME page again next week, meanwhile do drop into The Garden Row, I will try to post garden tricks daily *_*.

2 comments:

  1. sandhill cranes!!! wow are they back already ,, thats spring for sure.I hope you will join the paint parties, the link parties for artists. They are such a great way to meet other artists.There are a few of them, lots of fun.I will remind you OK?I am so impressed wu=ith the winds of march painting, beautiful.You could have done sunday sketches with us yesterday if I had known about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds real good, I did not know I could join you, Now I will have to find out how I join you? I'm not to good on how to do these get-together s yet. I will have to look out for the time difference, make sure I'm with you. *_* xxx

      Delete