Monday, June 18, 2012

Thursday Nite Art Club!

                                
                              Sprayed Backgrounds!


                    What a fun nite, we reviewed (painted) the bamboo and the orchid and used a spray bottle to mist in the background. we placed a cap where we wanted the moon in the background to keep the white. It really gave us a nice perspective. Next week we are moving on to Cherry Blossoms. Painting on the rice paper is so different, but is so adaptive to different techniques with great effects. we still look like grade one, but with each repeat performance we are starting to look better with our form.  We are starting the blossoms at the same time the cherry crop is coming ready to pick, so that will be fun inspiration! :)

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, this looks like so much fun, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay, I am delighted that you like my aprons. I had a lot of fun making them. If you do make one, be sure and put a photo of it on your posts. I do hope that your garden is doing well. Maybe you can help me with a garden question. Something is eating my green beans ... these are little plants only about two or three inches tall. I come out in the morning and the leaves are either gone or full of little holes and look like lace. Then this morning half of my row of zinnias was top-less. They were little too, just sprouted last weekend. Could it be ants? What do you suggest? I've been spraying the beans, but it doesn't seem to help. I sure could use some advice. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete