Friday, August 3, 2012

Thursday nite Art Club.

              We have been all plugging along in the book of Techniques of Chinese Brush  Painting, working on flowers and Plum Blossoms. To nite we got into color wash backgrounds, and one method is "Scrunching", where you literately scrunch up your paper, than smooth it out, it makes tiny, bold ridges in the paper which you swipe a brush loaded with paint across. the ridges catch the paint. It's for background, but we all could see possibilities, so we followed up on our ideas, and surprise, surprise, came up with nice complete paintings! We were all really pleased with our results.
                                            Tina's Pines and Peaks!

                                              My View in the Forrest!

                                                   Hedy's Flower Bed!

             Every one will be away next week, but the week following we will paint a picture on the blended color washes we also did to nite. It will be interesting to see what we will come up with next! Happy Holidays everyone!!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Jay, it looks like you and your fellow artists are having a lot of fun with your Chinese brush painting. That is something that I have never tried. I am looking forward to your next post on the blended color washes. It sounds like a beautiful way to do backgrounds.

    I was going through some older posts today and found a comment that you had left . . . I want to apologize for not replying sooner. I don't always check my older posts.
    It sounded like you had a very nice honeymoon and I'm sure you made lots of great memories. I'm delighted that you liked my photos of Dry Falls. It certainly is a beautiful area.
    Have a marvelous day, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete